We use roaming a lot in our organization and it is an ongoing battle to streamline the roaming setup and making sure that the roaming process is working fine. We have to look into various places like local log.nsf, replication settings in the location document etc to see if the users address book and bookmarks are being replicated on a regular basis to the roaming server. Sometime the roaming tab in the person document says the user is roaming but the roaming folder is empty and we don't notice it until the user complains. It would be better if the following features can be added to the roaming setup and management..
- ability to monitor the replication of roaming databases in a central place for all the users
- ability to quickly upgrade to roaming, downgrade from roaming without waiting for the adminp to kick of the process
- automatic alerts to admins or create somekind of error log in a central place, if the user is set to roaming but the replicaiton to roaming server is not happening
- provide an option to specify the roaming subfolder name other than the default folder names
- if the folder name already exist during the upgrade to roaming process, there are only two option : skip and genereate and if we select the skip the user is not upgraded and generate option simply adds a number to the existing folder and eventually we end up with a lot of empty folders. So, adding another option to force the admin client to use the same folder name even if the folder name already exist would be helpful
- ability to restart the roaming upgrade from the notes client