Based upon the comments of many people doing upgrades to 8.5.1 It seems like opportunity still exists for the install experience to be made a more positive one. Amongst the areas I believe need improving:-
- Reduce the total time to do any given install
- Make an install over the top of an existing install as reliable as unisntalling before doing the new install (negating the need for an uninstall)
- Reduce the number of environment settings that can cause the install to fail, or install with problems
- Provide something worthwhile on the screen while the install is running (e.g. description of new features).
- Provide an specific area in technical support for install issues that can be easily accessed and is always updated with the latest information.